Asbestos Awareness Training Programme
(Reg. 10 – Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012)
We are members of IATP.
The HSE require that, “Asbestos Awareness training is required to be given to employees whose work could foreseeable expose them to asbestos. In particular, it should be given to all demolition workers and those workers in the refurbishment, maintenance and allied trades where it is foreseeable that their work will disturb the fabric of the building”.
Annual refresher training is also required.
Asbestos Awareness training is for those persons who are liable to be exposed to asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, such as;
- General maintenance staff
- Gas fitters
- Painters and decorators
- Demolition workers
- Construction workers
- Heating and ventilating engineers
- Telecommunication engineers
- Fire and burglar alarm installers
- Computer installers
- Building surveyors and shop fitters
- The properties of asbestos and the effects on health
- Types, uses and risks of ACM’s in building and plant
- General emergency procedures for accidental release of asbestos dust
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
- HSE Safety Booklet for Delegates – Asbestos Essentials
Please Note: All our Asbestos instructors are P402 qualified surveyors.
This is a ½ Day Course (08:45 – 12:30 or 13:00 – 16:45)