CITB Construction Skills
Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher
Who should attend?
This Course intended for those who currently hold a valid Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Certificate. The Certificate has to be renewed every 5 years by attending the SSSTS refresher course.
Aims and objectives:
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Current trends within the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) direction of enforcement.
- Recent developments in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practises.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affect their role as a supervisor.
- New guidance and industry best practise affected by changes
- Their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the envirionment.
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry. To include:
Health and Safety Law
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Current Enforcement Priorities
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Mehtod Statements
- Respiratory Risks
- Hazardous Substances
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate.
1 day - 08.30 am to 17.00 pm