General Health and Safety Training
First Aid at Work
This course is deternined by Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
After successfully passing the final assessment, the student is a qualified First Aider. Certificates are valid for 3 years.
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of shock
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Dressing and immobilisation of injured parts
- Contents of First Aid boxes and their use
- Purchasing First Aid supplies
- Transport of casualties
- Recognition of illness
- Treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Eye irrigation
- Poisons and substances capable of causing poisoning
- Simple record keeping
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds
- Communications and delegation in an emergency
Important Information: Please ensure all delegates are free of any condition that will prohibit them from participating fully during the practical aspects of the First Aid at Work Course.
This is a Three Day Course (08:45 – 16:00) classroom based course, with assessments.
Contact us for additional information