(also features in Plant Operators Training)
Horticultural Equipment Training
Mini Diggers (360° 0.8t – 10t)
In today's Health and Safety climate, many Clients, Contractors and Employers will not permit any persons to operate work equipment at a place of work, unless they can prove they have received adequate information, instruction and training, health and safety awareness training.
The aim of this course is to instruct an operator to prepare and safely operate various types of 360° Mini Diggers up to 10 tonnes.
- Pre Course Theory Test Paper
- Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, PUWER 1998, PPE 1992 and other relevant Legislation
- Risk Assessment and Safe Systems of Work
- Basic digger construction and features
- Pre-use inspections, handovers and basic maintenance procedures
- Safe travelling and steering procedures
- Dangers from underground services (HS(g)47)
- Hazards and precautions in excavations
- Environmental factors
- Refueling procedures and parking
- Transporting of digger (loading, unloading and securing)
- Post Theory Test Paper
- Practical Sessions, including pre-use checks, bucket changing, positioning of machine, digging and backfilling trench, levelling of site.
- Course Appraisals / Close
This is a One Day Course (08:00 – 16:30)
PLEASE NOTE: This Course is not suitable for delegates with no previous experience of mini- diggers, as they would not be able to complete the p.m. practical session within the time constraints of the course. Such novice delegates would be best suited to the 2 day course.
Contact us for additional information