Group rates available
HR and H&S Consultancy
The Overhead Gantry Crane training course, often referred to as an OHC, will give you the skills necessary to be a safe and efficient pendant and remove controlled gantry crane operator. Overhead gantry cranes are primarily used within engineering and manufacturing environments. The course is largely practical in nature.
- Operate safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions
- Operate the crane safely in response to given tasks and signals
- Pre-use checks
- Demonstrate an understanding of crane terminology
- Demonstrate an understanding of signs given by signaller
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under current legislation
- Signaller duties
- Recognise defects and hazards that affect crane motions
- Demonstrate an understanding of lift plans
- Position the crane for lift
The Overhead Crane course is carried out on customers' premises. All equipment used (including strops, chains, wires etc.) will need to have an in-date thorough examination certificate (LOLER).
Classroom theory and written examination followed by practical assessment.
Duration is subject to delegates experience. Maximum of four delegates. Please contact for further information.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Safetymen Competence Certificate valid for 3 years.
What our students have to say
Great course. Graham, the instructor was very informative and the course had all then relevant content and information.
Very good company to get specialised training. Good instructor, good classroom and study paperwork’s.
Tell your employer about this course
If this course helps with your professional development your employer might be willing to pay for it. Why not tell them about it?Share with your boss