CAT & Genny Operator Training
Avoiding Dangers from Underground Services
- Pre Course Test Paper
- Responsibility under HSWA 1974 and HSG47 (the avoidance of underground services)
- The dangers from underground services
- Safe Systems of Work
- Obtaining and understanding utilities drawings
- Observation of surface features – manholes, lamp standards etc
- Magnetic Fields
- Power and Radio signals
- Pot Ended cables
- Plastic pipes / Fibre Optic cables
- Genny Induction techniques / Two person sweeps
- Distortion of signal / Searching over areas of rebar
- Using Sondes
- Battery tests
- Written Test Paper
- Practical sessions
- Course Appraisals / Close
This is a classroom based course followed by practical sessions outdoors.
Delegates should bring cold / wet weather gear, in additional to standard company issued PPE.
What our students have to say
Great course. Graham, the instructor was very informative and the course had all then relevant content and information.
Very good company to get specialised training. Good instructor, good classroom and study paperwork’s.
Tell your employer about this course
If this course helps with your professional development your employer might be willing to pay for it. Why not tell them about it?Share with your boss