The Work at Height Regulations 2005 require that ladder users must possess such technical knowledge, experience or training as may be appropriate, having regard to the nature of the activity, or be supervised by such a person. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 require that user of work equipment receive adequate training for the purposes of health and safety. The aim of this course is to train people in the skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standards of competency to carry out the duties of pre-use inspection and the safe use of ladders and stepladders.
On completion of this course the trainee will be able to identify defects which is the purpose of the inspection to discover and to have a basic understanding of duties with regard to the statutory instruments i.e. the law, also HSE and DTI information on ladders and stepladders.
Who the course is aimed at:
The training is intended to benefit individuals involved with using ladders and stepladders.
· Statutory Instruments & Standards
· Types / Classes of ladders and stepladders
· Analysis of accidents
· Safe use of ladders and stepladders
· Hazards when using ladders and stepladders
· Inspecting and setting up / securing
· Inspection tagging systems
· Ladders accessories, including Harness and Running Lines
· Care and maintenance
· Storing and transporting
· Basic checklists
· Written test paper
· Practical sessions / Appraisals
Recommended follow-up courses:
Mobile Access Towers / Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (Operator), Working at Height.
This is a Half Day Course